Sunday, September 11, 2011

A moment of silence…

9/11   8:46am

As I put this post together... I have tears streaming down my face.  Looking back 10 years ago through photo's remembering how that felt when our country was attacked. I remember the feeling like yesterday. I remember where I was. I remember the phone call that told me what happened. I remember crying my eyes out sitting at my desk at work because I couldn't get a hold of my Dad who worked in a sky scraper in downtown Columbus.  I remember the relief when he finally got ahold of me to tell me he was ok and they were evacuating just incase and he was going home. I remember talking to my mom. I remember watching the news for weeks on end. I remember praying for the people that were in the WTC's. I remember praying for the people searching for missing family members. I remember it all. So much pain. So much sadness. So much anger. So much hurt. So much of every human emotion there is.  I know you all know what I'm taking about.

“MY” America was changed forever.

As I combed through pictures tonight I passed so many that had always been iconic to me and I thought to myself... maybe I shouldn't post that, I don't want to offend. But I changed my mind. I don't ever want to censor what happened that day. I want EVERYONE to remember and remember the truth of what it really was. I want everyone to remember what we all witnessed 10 years ago. 9/11 is what it is and I don't think censorship is necessary, or appropriate. If what I post offends you... I am sorry that you feel that way. (just don’t go any farther) But this was my reality 10 years ago and I will never forget these hero's and the fallen. They deserve to be remembered both in life and in death. 

God bless them all.

Carmen

twintowers_6524227_std



wtc
RTXKQQP_232941
thumbnail2

WTC-9-11


wtctrapped
thumbnailCAO4X1FS
never-forget
;['

RTR73XO_232933

9-11_2

flight-93-crash-site

thumbnailCAPJ75MW

thumbnailCAXA3ZSE

thumbnail

RTRPPHR_232937

9_11_firemen2


9-11
9-11_We_Remember_Soldiers-01


48bd89eebdbeb4fa89b8c673c86f8208

4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

So very well said dear Carmen....so very well said. It is now our reality - and so frighteningly different than our reality was 10 years + 1 day ago. Hugs & Blessings ~ Robin

pokeberry primitives said...

Thank you for the beautiful and touching tribute....I am like you...and I hope there are many more out there like us. So much is quickly forgotten...the many lives that changed forever that day...those people can't censor there life. I don't want to forget..not only the tragic but the beauty and love and kindness and patriotism that I saw after...I have never seen anything like it before...so much is quickly forgotten...I don't ever.. ever want to forget! God Bless<3

renee said...

We simply CANNOT afford to be complacent! This country has a short term memory, and it drives me crazy!
These people got up and all they did was go to work. The folks on the planes, I mean what choice were they given? Just very sad, and no one wins here.
I am very thankful for our military and the service and sacrifice they give for this country!
God bless them and the families that lost loved ones.

Ellie's Country Accents said...

Thank you for your comments. As a born and raised New Yorker, Having lived and worked in Manhattan in my 20's & having been on the observation deck of WTC #2 several times, you can imagine what 9/11 was to those of us that are so tied emotionally to the events of that day. Even though we moved South many years ago, still had many friends in the small NJ town we had lived in. Thirty husbands & sons of that town were lost, many of whom I knew. Memories of that day will always bring tears. Thank you again,
Ellie