Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is the big 34! Can’t say I’m standing on either side of the fence on this one. Neither here nor there about it. But I do know one thing. It gave me a reason to spend a day antiquing and shopping! LOL!!!

I spent Saturday at the first Springfield antique show of 2011 with my friend Jamie. And then we hit the 3 HUGE antique malls right here in my town. We bought it all!

Happy birthday to me!

Lets have a look see at my goodies!

011

An awesome 8 gallon crock. $35.00

A cool enamel ladle. $3.00

An adorable set of herb boxes. $4.00

014

Look at that cute snowman! 5 bucks!

015016

Look at this adorable pumpkin and crow! $5.00!  STEAL!!!!

017

Three mashers! I’m starting a collection!

018

3 strainers…

019

That I turned into the MOST adorable mini shoofly's ever! I paid $1 or $2 for each of them. YES!!!

020

This is what I was looking for all day. A pewter cream and sugar set to go with my Christmas teapot. Found it! 3 bucks for the set!

021

This huge Mason! 4 bucks! A grater for $1 that Jamie ended up buying back from me. lol!

023

My super find of the day. Two AWESOME mini books to set atop my ginormous Webster dictionary in the dining room! One is actually another Webster dictionary and the other a smaller book written in German. They look cool in there!

024

3 great wooden spoons. Another collection I’m starting. Disappointingly I paid 5 bucks each for these. They were all marked either 6 or 8 but I talked the dealers down. But I DO really like them and that seemed to be the general consensus price across the board for these. Any way, I don’t feel bad… it’s my BIRTHDAY!!! LOL!

026

This fantastic sifter. $9 bucks at one of 3 of my hometown antique malls that we hit on the way home. They have a really big one, probably 2.5 feet across, at the expensive mall in town. It's marked $38. Anyone know if that’s a decent price? I’ thinking of going back and getting it.

022

Here’s Jamie’s Hoard!

3 gallon Crock. $20    Star $5

0115011718

2 mixers. One was free with the dryer below. A grater.

0115011718a

Cute Little sheep.

 0115011718b

A sifter.

0115011718c 

The Hugest Dryer rack ever! $5.00

0115011721a

The kitties inspecting! LOL! What is this thing? And can we climb it?

0115011721b

Over all it was a great day! And we got a lot of wonderful treasures!

Tonight Mr. Primcat, Dad, Stepmom, Mom and I are headed to Red Lobster for birthday dinner! YUM! Delish!

Until next time…

Carmen and the Primcats

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Awesome finds...love all the kitties!
Blessings,
~Ronda

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Carmen
Happy Birthday little Girl!
Oh, so many goodies & great prices!
I love the huge dryer rack & the cats sniffing it!(too cute!)

enjoy your day, celebrate, and red lobster yum!
Teresa

WILLOW CREEK CROSSING said...

Hi Carmen,
Happy Birthday! Hope you spend it doing things you love to do and everyone close to you treats you special! What incredible finds you have shared photos of with us! I too collect lots of old things. Will have to gather them and post photos too but I probably would have to use oodles of pages to post them! Again, have a wonderful Birthday and many more to come!
Donna

Carmen S. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARMEN!!!!!! You got some GREAT stuff girlie! I LOVE that huge drying rack and what an awesome price on it:O I love how the kitties are inspecting it too;) 34 is nothing sweetie, it is a whole 10 yrs. YOUNGER than old me!!!!! Enjoy!

Jacqueline said...

Great Goodies....

Happy Happy Birthday to you! Hope its a wonderful one!

Jessica said...

Happy birthday!! I love all your goodies, what great stuff for your birthday!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Looks like you girls got some great goodies! I normally sell the large wood and screen sifters for around $30 so maybe if you talk to the dealer he'll adjust the price a little.Seems like your having a wonderful birthday.Warmest Wishes!~Amy

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY DEAR CARMEN,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Luv the crock, love that laddle, that Crow Pumpkin is adorable. And those Spoons very nice!!
I want Jamie's drying rack used to have one of those dried alot of your clothes on it when you were a baby..it would be perfect for my Tea staining!!

See ya tonight...Luv ya ...Mom

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday! Love all your goodies!

~*Marie*~ said...

Happy birthday Carmen!!!! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Great treasures you got!! Have a super birthday today!!!

renee said...

Happy Birthday Carmen!
You found some great things, and so did your friend! Love it all! Enjoy your special day!
Blessings,
Renee

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Carmen!
Sounds like the perfect birthday! Shopping and dinner out, can't beat that! Enjoy your special day. Love your finds.
xoxo

busybee said...

wow! awesome goodies! happy bday! :)

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Happy Birtday Carmen, you got some wonderful goodies! I love the drying rack.

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

I'm a day late but Happy Birthday!! Great goodies you got!!
Blessings,
Lorna