Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How to protect your tree from your cats!

 

If you don’t want to end up with this…


Tree

 

You need one of these!!!!


tattletale 

We live with 14 cats… and I’ll be darned for years I could not win with the Christmas tree. The year we adopted the Katrina kittens, 2005, the tree ended up in a box! (Lovely Photo Above.) LOL. It was hysterical and will forever be a fantastically funny Christmas memory… but darn it… I love my Christmas trees and a few years ago I found the solution to keeping the cats out of the tree.


It’s called the Tattle Tale and it’s a little box that you can hang inside your tree like an ornament and it sends out a loud reprimanding tone if they shake the tree. It WORKS! A few times getting screeched at and they don’t touch the tree again!


Here is a link if you need one! Click the picture.

Tattle Tale - Vibration Pet Trainer 

Until Next time…


Carmen and the Primcats

9 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

Now I kind of like the look of the tree in the box! Just kidding. I have heard that cats like all the decorations on Christmas trees. Great idea you got there with that little contraption. I bet a lot of cat lovers will find this link very useful.
Enjoy your day Carmen.
AMY

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

You, My Dear, are a GOD SEND!
We've had a tree setting out in the bedroom for a couple of weeks now, just to see what Skippy would do....
Yep, you guessed it! He has up ended it several times already! I think I need a dozen of them babies! Seriously.....
He's a SNOT! But he's my snot and I LOVE him!
Thanks for the info....
Tisha

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

A lot of people will be loving this!
★Linda★

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Ha! Hmmm, the only memory we have of up-ending the Christmas tree is when I was a little one and chased the family dog behind the tree. :) When I moved back home in my 20s I brought a cat with me, and he only wanted to bat at the ornaments on the bottom. Luckily nothing got broken or we both would have ended up on the curb for Christmas!

acorn hollow said...

Well I bet that works for kids and pets. and 14 cats you are an angel. thank you for your visit and comment. I hope you get a chance to make the pantry cakes they are easy and fun.
Cathy

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Interesting Carmen, my kitty is pretty mellow he will occasionally curl up and take a nap underneath. However, in the past my kitties weren't quite so tame.

Unknown said...

Carmen, I Love this little post...I don't have any cats because of allergies but anyone who does would be grateful for you and the sharing of your little secrect weapon....I laughed when I saw the box around the tree...thanks I needed that this morning!! I hope you have a great day, and a Happy Thanksgiving!

My Colonial Home said...

Tree in a box...how funny!

What a great gadget for keeping kitties out of trees - fortunately mine don't bother our tree but if they did I'd sure get one of these.

Karen

Sharon said...

Carmen,

I am so excited about this gadget! My daughter has four cats and they are always wrecking her trees. Can't wait to tell her about this!

Glad to hear you're a Hallmark collector too!

Sharon