Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A visit with Earlene ~ Primitive Passion Decorating

Good Morning my prims,

How is everyone on this early Tuesday Morn? Yesterday was such a beautiful day here in Ohio I hope you all got to enjoy it.

I have been blessed again to meet another blog friend in real life.

I was so blessed last Saturday to get a visit from Earlene from Primitive Passion Decorating.
She and her husband came to Ohio for the Simple Goods show and thought they would stop and meet the Primcats. Well she said they stopped by to meet me but I am sure it’s really the furries she came to say hello too. ;o)

We had a lovely visit over coffee and kitties and we exchanged a few gifts. She brought me the most primtastic turkey ever! Check this guy out.

 IMAG2015

Gobble Gobble!

IMAG2016   
IMAG2021

She also brought me the most delicious bag of kettle corn ever! YUM! I’ve been munching on it.

  IMAG2023

I sent her home with a burlap bag of homespun candy canes that I had made and a cheesecloth wrapped set of spiced tarts.

Her husband and mine hit it off too. They spent most of their time out in my husbands shop and in the garage playing with man toys while we ladies were in the house. They are in the same line of work so they had a lot in common.

I am sure that we will all meet again some day. Shane and I always make a trip up to Michigan’s Cabela’s just to spend the day. We have a detour on the plan for next year for sure. :)

Thank you Earlene and Norm for blessing us with your visit and for the wonderful new Turkey you brought me. I will think about how thankful I am to have met you every time I see his little gobble.
If you don’t know Earlene head on over and check out her blog. Her home is primtastic to say the least.

Click below and say Hello ~

Earlene at Primitive Passion Decorating

Until next time…

Carmen and the Primcats

13 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

I think it's just great how the INTERNET and BLOGGING has brought many of us together...I remember meeting you exactly one year ago and it certainly was my pleasure.

Earlene seems like such a lovely Lady...always leaving such nice comments.
Goodness if I were closer I would sneak in and grab that beautiful gobbler you have there...she presented you with a perfect gift.

Thanks for sharing..oh, isn't it great when the hubbies can have something in common. I know this is a fear my husband always has when I say we're going to meet someone and he'll meet the husband. I get this look from him...lol

Karen

Lois Christensen said...

I'll have to go to her blog and get to know her! How fun that you were able to meet! Love the turkey. And I love kettle corn also. Just don't eat it hardly anymore as I'm the only one in the house who enjoys it! Hope you have a nice day!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I am so envious of you both!
The only blogger I know in person is my Sara! You should check her out!
http://footballandfriedrice.blogspot.com
Love your turkey. Is it chalk?
★Linda★

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love turkeys.The one Earlene gave you is wonderful.How wonderful the men hit it off,makes for a extra special visit.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Ok yea Im jealous ! Not only did you get to meet the Awesome sweet Earlene in person but you got a fantastic turkey and a great snack ! lol Have a great day Im off to pout ! hugs lilraggedyangie

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Oh, wonderful for the both of you~ I am sure a very special day for both of you~ Blogging is such a joy to meet with folks we never would of crossed paths with before~so much fun!!
Wonderful goodies from Earlene~~
love the Turkey~ & yummy kettle corn~ yum~ yum~
enjoy the day~
smiles
Teresa

Stacy Kay Brais said...

That is so great! And I just love that turkey, primtastic!!
Hugs~Stacy

Gettysburg Homestead said...

That is awesome that you met another blog friend!

That turkey is prim perfect!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That's so great that the two of you got to meet!! I've seen Earlene's sweet comments out and about and need to take the time to go "meet" her on her blog soon - well, as soon as I get things in order here and can pay her a proper visit....Wonderful little turkey she brought you (and I'm so loving those acorns in the bowl....how cool are they - and how awesome they look with your new feathered friend!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Firecracker Kid said...

Love your new turkey gal! Prim pretty and looks so right sitting on your prim shelf.
Hugs~Carol

Anonymous said...

How nice to get to meet a fellow blogger in person and one bearing gifts too. Sounds like a nice visit and love the turkey she gave you.
Thanks for sharing.
Tamera
Country at heart

Margaret said...

Hi Carmen, You are so sweet. We have our share of primcats here as well. 5 in and 2 out to be exact. I will be checking out Earlene's blog. Hugs, Maggie!

cynthia lee designs said...

How fun that you got to meet Earlene...love the turkey that she gave you!!
I think that you are the only blogging friend that I have actually gotten to meet. But I have met a few ladies that follow my blog...but they don't have blogs and it is fun meeting them too.
Well...I'm off to finish a few things for my show that starts tomorrow.
Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Cindy