Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh MY! OH MY! OH MY WORD!!!!



Lookie lookie what I found at the GW today! Please ignore my dirty car in the background but I couldn't wait to share!



I paid... $12.50 for BOTH pieces! And both are in perfect condition!!! What a deal!




Can you believe it?!?!


With everyone showing thier beautiful collections of Pfaltzgraff Folk Art I had decided to collect it. I see it all the time at the GW but I have just never picked it up because over the years it's never really gone with whatever decor' I've had.

My current collections are Pfaltzgraff Naturewood, which I've been collecting for over 10 years, and Pfaltzgraff Grapevine which I've been collecting for 8 years. I also have a set of Pfaltzgraff Merlot that we use as our everyday dishes. But I have been desperatly drooling over everyones Folk Art and when I saw Andy's beautiful displays of her collection I could hold out no more! I decided that I would go ahead and get it the next time I saw it. I think that was a few weeks ago. Since then I have seen 3 sets of Yorktown pop up at the GW... but no Folk Art. (If anyone wants the Yorktown let me know... I'd be happy to pick them up if someone collects them.)

But today... when I hit the GW's at lunch and I walked around the corner and saw these two pieces I about squealed in happiness. It seriously took everything I had to not freak out and jump up and down in the store! LOL!

I'm not sure if these are suposed to be together as a set or not. Anyone know?

The first is a Large 3 QT Bowl.







The second is a 2.5 Qt. Pitcher.





I could not have asked for a better way to start my Folk Art collection!!!!

Woohoo!!!!!!!!! Happy Day!!!!

PS... I got a bunch of other stuff too! It was a GREAT GW day... but those will have to wait until next week. Look for last weeks GW finds comming this Thursday!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

YAY! You're off and running now! I never find anything at my GW. Can't wait to see what else you found.

Tonya

Carmen S. said...

Congrats on your finds! I love thrifting too, never know what you'll find;)

Wanda/Ridge Farm Nesting Place said...

Carmen...what a find,congrats! Two beautiful pieces. I love it when I have those days at GW! Love the thrill of the hunt..don't you?

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Congrats on your find, i can tell you are just alittle excited! LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats Carmen! Yes, those pieces are supposed to go together - you got a GREAT deal! I'm so happy for you :) Enjoy