Monday, August 10, 2009

Confessions of a thriftaholic...

Okay… I’m just gonna confess now and get it over with.

I am a thriftaholic. I can not stop. It is an addiction.

There are two Goodwills in our town. TWO! A north and a south. I work dead center of both and can shop both plus do lunch and/or another errand during my hour lunch break.

My mother is my enabler. I have full permission to buy anything prim or primish with a redo and if it’s not something I need or will use she buys it back from me and uses it in her primitive store. There is no end to what I can buy. I have a whole bedroom in my house stuffed full of prim goodies waiting for me to give them a home or pass them along to my mom who will find when a new home through her ebay shop.

I go to the Goodwill’s everyday and I rarely leave empty handed. There are of course my good days when I hit the total jackpot… and there are my bad days… when I find nothing… but I usually leave with something good! Really, it’s a sickness.

Do they have thriftaholics anonymous?

Hi. My name is Carmen… and I am a thriftaholic.

4 comments:

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Hey girl, i feel ya, it seems everytime i leave the house i think i must stop by a thrift store!

The Evans Family said...

HaHaHaHaHa!

Anonymous said...

I love to thrift too.. but I don't have the prim eye yet - I am still unsure but I am learning! :) You are so lucky to have someone who enables you in your family LOL

Carmen and the Primcats said...

@ Andy... I completely admit that if it weren't for my mom I would have a house full of stuff that didn't work. It's tial and error! I hit the jackpot the last 2 days though!!! I'll share hopefully tomorrow!!!