Friday, April 12, 2013

Foodie Friday: Cheesy Garlic Baked Potato’s

 

Hi Friends,

9336_552048334826407_403582521_n

Happy Friday!

I always see the best recipes on the internet and I think I will start sharing the ones that really tickle my fancy!

Here’s today’s from https://www.facebook.com/AttitudesInTheKitchen.

Cheesy Garlic baked potatoes with Herbed sour cream:


Ingredients:

16 ounces potatoes

3 to 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

4 tablespoons butter, melted

2 tablespoons olive oil

salt and fresh black pepper

Fresh chives (diced)

Bacon (cut into large chunks)

Shredded Cheese of your choice- 1-cup

Sour Cream, recipe follows**

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.


Using a wooden spoon as a cradle, place each potato in the spoon and make several parallel slits into each potato top making sure not to slice completely through.


Place 3 garlic slices between slits at the crown of each potato. Toss in a medium bowl with butter and olive oil.


Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.


When the potatoes begin to “fan out” it’s time to make the magic happen.Carefully slip a hunk of bacon into each slit of the potato like so and continue to cook

Once the potatoes and bacon are fully cooked (use a knife poke test), coat the potatoes with heaping helping of shredded cheese.


Bake until tops are crispy and potatoes are cooked through, about 1 hour. Transfer to a platter and top with Herbed Sour Cream and chives.


Herbed Sour Cream:


1/2 cup sour cream


1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves


Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper


Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season, to taste, and refrigerate until use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YUM!

I haven’t made this yet but intend to try it soon!

Until next time…

Carmen and the Primcats

8 comments:

Holly said...

These sound delicious!!!

My Colonial Home said...

Yummmm, I love making these types of Potatoes - thanks for the recipe.
Karen

The Moonlit Stitch said...

My mouth literally started to WATER while reading this! Thanks for sharing! ~*~Lisa

Dirty Martini Queen said...

This is so gonna be my dinner tomorrow evening. Yummo!!!
Donna

village folk art said...

Looks 'Delish' and looks like a meal in itself too.
Peace Thanks so much for sharing,
Barb

Firecracker Kid said...

I need a cook! Wait! I have one... my hubby. OMGosh that looks delicious and would be easy to fix. I should quit whining and get in the kitchen... lol.

OoO,
Carol

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hmmmm..not a single thing in this recipe not to like! Love me my potatoes with cheese and sour cream! THanks--Jan

A Primitive Homestead said...

Thanks for sharing. It would be nice to try something new. Blessings! Lara