Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Primcats Homespun Candy Cane Tutorial

Hi Friends,

Thought we would take a look back at my homespun candy canes and how to make them. Enjoy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I’m going to show you how to make these cute little homespun candy canes.

IMAG1973

You need:

Plastic Candy Canes

Fabric

Hot glue gun

Embellishments: Cheesecloth, Sweet Annie, Bells

So we start with this…

IMAG1712

And some fabric…

IMAG1710

Rip fabric into 1/2 strips then hot glue onto the end.

IMAG1715

Tuck end corners into the first wrap and then just keep wrapping.

IMAG1717

End it the same way you began… with a dab of hot glue.

After many hours… you will have a bunch of wonderful Candy Canes and a worn out cat from stealing all your ripped up strips of fabric.

IMAG1719

Poofie says “Phew, Mom. That was exhausting. Lets nap now.”

IMAG1728

Awwwww… sweet little kitty!

IMAG1731

And wala… candy canes.

IMAG1733

IMAG1734

If you want to dress them up… I did some with sweet annie and cheese cloth, though I am severely allergic to Sweet Annie I know my prim friends love it so all my sweet annie ones are leaving, or have already left here.

Achoo! 

IMAG1971

They are so cute though. Wish I wasn’t allergic!

IMAG1973

Wrapped up and ready to sell and gift!

IMAG1975

You can also add bells. Super cute too!

 IMAG2521

IMAG2522

These are great as bowl fillers, jar fillers, ornaments and even gift toppers.

Have fun with it!


Until next time…

Carmen and the Primcats

10 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Carmen,
Well this is an easy tutorial - but know what...I don't need to make them cuz I HAVE SOME FROM YOU ALREADY! lol
How special am I...
I love mine.
Karen

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Great job, Carmen! I just picked up some of the same plastic candy canes to prim up! Great job , Poofie too---get some rest pretty kitty...you earned it. ---Jan

jennifer768 said...

Fun tutorial Carmen!Thanks for doing it.I really like the canes dressed with the bells.Christmas blessings,Jen

Unknown said...

Cute Carmen! This will be fun for the kids to help out:)

Jessica said...

I have a big plastic one I need to do that too. Thanks for the reminder!

frontporchprims said...

Great tutorial Carmen. My faves are the ones with the bells. Good job. They look so pretty all packaged up too. -Steph-

Primsue said...

I made some of these last year. Love them on my prim tree.

Cindi said...

I love the fabric you found! I did some of theses but now after seeing the bells on them I think I want to add some to mine. Thanks Carmen!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Raymond Homestead said...

Love these, thanks for sharing!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

These are fun Carmen! I made some last year and Halloween ones this year, but they were plain. I like your embellishments! ~*~Lisa