Monday, May 17, 2010

Springfield Extravaganza ~ Antique Show and Flea Market

(Warning: Picture heavy! YAY!)

0515001819b 

My friend Jamie and I headed down to Springfield Saturday morning for the show. I had been told about this show for years but I’ve never made it a point to get there… well that all changed once I walked through those gates! I won’t ever miss it again! There were so many amazing goodies I didn’t even even know where to begin my shopping! LOL!

My mission when I went was to find a true Antique Southern Pie safe (the ones on tall legs)… and I am disappointed to say that even though I found many beautiful safes none were up off the ground like I want. No worries, my carpenter is still working on one for me so I’ll have it one way or another. I was also looking for some nice dressers and while there were many beautiful dressers… again… not exactly what I wanted. It’s hard when you know exactly what you want in your mind and are looking for it. But it’s ok… I came home with some great smalls!

Here’s my goodies!

A wonderful Braided rug! Love the design on this. They had the traditional ones, rectangle and oval, but I thought I’d try something new. $75.00! A Steal! Love it! And obviously Chen loves it too! Hubby Put it in the kitchen but I have to say I’m not really all that happy with it there… so we’ll see where it ends up.

Also picked up two table runners one oval and one rectangle (above the rug) for $4.00 each. Great deal. Wish I had bought one of each color!!!! They had chair mats for $4.00 too… regret not getting some of those. Oh well… maybe at the fall show.

0515001813
0515001815
Stacks and stacks of runners!!! I want them all!
0515001240 

Here’s where the rectangle table runner landed… as a mat for my new bench. Love it! Except now you can see how faded my floor rug is. LOL!

0515001817

Here’s the rest of my goodies!

First… lets talk about my Noodle Board!!! Oh My Goodness! I have wanted a stove board for so long and just couldn’t bring myself to pay $60 bucks for one. I found this beauty for $35.00 but I offered $20 and they took it! Woohoo! What a deal!!!! It’s beautiful!

0515001053 

It ended up here. It’s not decorated yet but it will be!

0515001835 

Perfect! 

 0515001835a

And just look at these cool details!

0515001835b

0515001836

Next up… a scale for my new collection. Two is a collection… Right? ;o) Missing the glass but I like it anyway! Was $12.00

But they took $10.00.

0515001823a 

It ended up here. I added a pint of strawberries after I took this pic. Really Cute!

0515001834a

Five lovely bobbins for the laundry room. $5

0515001822a

A cute little candle thingie. Was $2.95. She gave it to me for $2 even.

0515001823

A great big rolling pin for my collection! Love it! $5.00

0515001823b

Two wooden feet. $2.00 for the pair.

0515001821b

And a cute Shelf with plate. $11.00

0515001822

And of course the primcats, Tracy and Poofie, helping me take pics!
0515001824a

The larger items I bought were a 8 foot two man saw. Hubby has wanted one of these for a while so I picked it up for him. $30.00
0515001915

And two ladders for $15.00 and $10.00. I have no idea where I’ll put these but I love them!

Please excuse the garage mess, I’m still unpacking!

0515001912a 

So there it is! All my goodies! Not bad I think. I’ll be back soon with another post with random pics from the show and things I wish I would have bought!

Hope you enjoyed the pics and have a great day!

Carmen

4 comments:

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Wow!!!! What a lot of good stuff!
I guess you know, I wouldn't miss
that show again, either! Thanks
for sharing... :)

Bear Hugs~Karen

A Primitive Homestead said...

You got really great goodies. I would love to have a saw like this. I come from a saw mill family. I have a ladder hanging from my ceiling between LR & DR with old lanters hanging from it. Make really nice pot racks to. Cant wait to see what you with all of it and what you put on your stove board. Blessings!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Wow, you got a lot of nice things! I like what you did with everything so far! The noodle board for the stove is really neat.

Carey

Rock River Stitches said...

Carmen, thanks for stopping by my blog! Loved visiting your blog. You sure did get some great finds at the antique show, especially the wooden board for your stove! It looks perfect and a perfect price!

Tammy