Wednesday, June 6, 2012

~ Weigh in Wednesday and other good stuff ~

Hi Friends,

Happy Wednesday to ya! I hope everyone is having a nice week.

Remember my idea list from the other day… well I did manage to check off one of those things.

I got my little pool!

Here it is filling up. :D

 2012-06-03_15-49-56_312

Isn’t it cute! It’s not that big. 10 foot by 30 inches deep. That’s all I need. I just want something to relax in when it’s really hot.

It was really cheap. Less than $100.00 at Wal-Mart.

Then with all the chemicals it was $150.00. And we went out last night and picked up some more crap we needed. So all in all I have less than $200.00 in it.

Now if I could just figure out the chemicals we would be good. So much confusing crap! I will get it eventually.

I haven’t gotten in it yet. It’s been cold here in Ohio. Strange. Very Strange. But it’s supposed to be nice this weekend so I am hoping for a nice soak!

After setting up the pool I was hanging on the back deck watching it fill while Mr. Primcat did a little yard work inside the cat enclosure.

 2012-06-03_16-00-28_997

About 5 minutes after this photo a freak accident happened. He was helping me move a log and had taken the weed wacker strap off. When it put it back on he flipped his earring out of his ear. That earring was made from my first engagement ring given to us by my Mom. It was also her first diamond from my Dad. It had been in his ear for 12 years.

We searched and searched with no luck. We have metal detectors and eyeballs everywhere Monday night. We are still searching. I am going to vacuum the yard tonight with the shop vac and hopefully pick it up. If not we will mow and bag the clippings and the search them. And then revac the yard. We are hopeful we will find it. Say a little prayer please. We are both really upset about this. And it is just so very tiny. It will be a miracle if we find it.

 

The kids wait patiently inside for the racket to stop before venturing back out.

2012-06-01_18-45-52_461

This made me laugh. They were all lined up waiting so patiently. lol.

(Earlene… are you out there? Here is a pic of the door corner done up for spring! :o)  )

2012-06-01_18-45-28_385

I did Birds and Bees.

I was never really “thrilled” with it. That’s why I haven’t posted pics. It’s ok. But I never loved it like I loved my Winter Scene.

2012-06-01_18-45-31_973 

Ok… I’ve rambled long enough…

Lets get to the weigh in. I haven’t officially weighed in in a while but don’t think I’m not still hard at it!

Still Zumbaing 3 times a week and strength training.

Working HARD because I’m down to the hardest part!

 

Jan 9th Weight: 150

April 25th Weigh in: 130

June 6th Weigh in: 128

Total Lost : 22 Pounds

Woohoo!!!!

I actually weighed in at 126 this past weekend… but I am doing a lot of bouncing these days and I don’t count bounces until I stick the weight for at least a week. It may take me a few weeks to stick that one.  But it WILL stick eventually! As long as you keep at it and never give up it always sticks!

Lets end on this note… because it cracks me up!

lc

Until next time…

Carmen and the Primcats

10 comments:

Earlene said...

Yes I am!! And I love that corner.
Primcats crack me up!!!
That is too bad about Shanes earring!! I didn't realize it has such a special meaning for you two lovebirds. What a sweet connection!
oxox
Earlene

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Nice pool Carmen it will do the trick, we have one just like it.

You kitties always make me laugh, so cute.

I am so proud of you. You go girl. What an achievement.

Congratulations,
Sue

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Funny pic of the cats lined up waiting to go out! Go out when the sun is setting with a flash light, maybe you will see it shine from the light. It might have gone a lot farther away from the scene, than you think. Hope you find it! Congrats on the weight loss!

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Hoping you come across the earring--I think Karen's idea of shining a light is great!! Cute pic of the cats--Stryker runs and waits in the bathroom tub when Brian is sweeping---he hates the sweeper!! You have an ad for Slippery Rock college on your blog --that's where Brian got his 2 degrees!! (Slimy Pebble to the locals) :)--Jan

Holly said...

Love your pool! Darbee and I have been trying to convince hubby to get us one forever. He says the chemicals are too much trouble. Ha! Maybe one of these days. THe kittys look so cute patiently waiting. Hehe.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the pic of the primcats waiting to go back outside...so cute!!
Sorry to hear about the lost earring...hope that you are able to find it.
So happy that you like your primcats towel.
hugs,
Cindy

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Carmen,
Primcats look so cute waiting to go back outside! I sure hope you find the diamond...that is devastating, I'm sure. Two of my little kitties are torties too (plus one that I already have). I learned from the vet that the torte gene is usually a female gene, are yours all girls? Your house looks so clean...where is the hair???
Melinda

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love the pictures of the kittehs patiently waiting to go out side..and I love your spring corner..so take some better photos to share with us..and I hope you find that earring...and keep up that good clean living..its paying off.:) have a wonderful rest of your week.:)

Firecracker Kid said...

Ahh, son got us a small pool too. Him and hubby love it. Did you go over the weed eater and your hubby's clothing too for the earring? It might have fallen in either place ya know. Don't be shy, check your hubby's underwear too... lol. I sure hope you find it.
Now I like your birds and bees display. It looks wonderful, especially with the cat parade in front of it :o)
Hugs~Carol

frontporchprims said...

Ahh, so did you ever find it yet? I lose things all the time. Like my keys, cell phone, purse, ect. If I had lost sucha precious item I would be bawling and praying as hard as I could. Good luck. Your pool looks nice. I want one like that but am afraid the kids would drown and the grass would die. What good kittes to sit and wait quietly for their playground to get done. Great weight loss Carmen. We ar soooo proud of you. Just a few more pounds to go:) Have a great weekend.
-Steph-