Friday, May 25, 2012

A cat story… with a happy ending!


Hello friends…

So here’s the thing… I can’t say no to a cat in need. I have to leave that *No* factor to Mr Primcat. and 99.99999999% of the time… I see the cat… I say pleeeeeeaaaasssseeeeee…  he says NO,absolutely not…  he gives me 14 good reasons why the answer will always be no and should always be no… and that’s the end of the story.

So last Sunday we’re at someone’s house where a ton of stray cats live in the neighborhood and this kitten comes out from under a porch where all they strays live and goes right up to Mr. Primcat and starts circling his ankles. Oh dear Lord… I looked at him and saw Yes written all over his face.

Crap! The “No man” can’t say yes!!! We have 14 spoiled babies living in harmony and bringing in another cat is just asking to start world war three.

I picked up the kitten gave it some love and frankly got out of there as fast as I could. Ha!

And then it stuck with me.

All.
Night.
Long.

That kitty needed a home. A real one. Not living under a porch eating garbage out of trash cans.

Hello kitty!

2012-05-21_20-50-07_497

(Oh dear, I look like crap. That was after Zumba and personal training and then picking up the cat. I was so whooped. It had been a long day.)

Female, Tabby. All white mittens. 5-6 months old. Sweet as can be. Lap cat that melts into you.


valentine-atmeow

Any way… I can’t jump in and just rescue like I used to. It’s not fair to our Primcats. So Mr. Primcat and I discussed it again and again and again and again and we came to an agreement for her.

Bringing a new cat into our physical house with our established pride is like dropping an atomic bomb. It can not be done without mass destruction and casualties. It is WAR!  I am NOT even kidding. It took a year after Tracy came in 2008 for things to settle back down. It was a rough and scary year. Messing with a happy home of as many cats as we have is just selfish of us.
But… the kitten still needed help.

The agreement was we take her with the intention of rehoming her to an indoor only home. And if we can not find her a home New Kitty will be Hubby’s new shop cat. Already having spent the first 6 months of her rough little life outside I don’t think she will have a problem with that. Trust me… outdoor cats lack nothing at Primcats house either. But MY plan was to find her an indoor only home! I never intended to keep her.

So I went and got the cat.

Kitty was a stray and is the SWEETEST cat ever. So loving. All she wants is a lap to lay in.

       2012-05-21_20-42-41_983

Limp Snuggle kitty!  

2012-05-21_20-50-21_284

When she isn’t in your lap she is a major busy body! This is the only picture I could get of her sitting still. lol.
 
So pretty!

2012-05-21_20-22-54_282

Giant fluffy tail!

2012-05-21_20-57-51_142

Checking out the yard from the safety of the garage.


2012-05-21_21-05-15_418

Getting love and pets. Look at that tail swoosh!

  2012-05-21_21-04-08_44

And as luck would have it… it didn’t take me long to find this little angel a home. A whole 3 days… and she’s into her new forever home with a really great friend of mine who has been looking for a new kitty.

It’s a perfect fit. Kitty wants 24/7 love and attention and her house is never empty! There will always be someone there to pet her. I could not have asked for her to go to a better family.


2012-05-22_19-22-14_967

So yeah… I fell head over heals for that kitten… and so did Mr. Primcat. And I had to help her… but she’s not a new primcat. I know everyone wanted her to be. But her ending is even better.

She got her own family to love forever.

♥♥♥♥

Don’t you just love a happy ending!

Until next time…

Carmen and the Primcats

15 comments:

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

So is lovely and I'm so happy that she found a forever home where she will be loved and cared for. Strays sometimes make the best cuddly pets.
Enjoy your weekend Carmen.

BumbleBeeLane said...

So glad you took the time to notice how sweet she was and find her a real home.I'd drag them all home too but with 2 dogs and a cat who thinks he's a dog I know all to well about upsetting the balance.She sure is a pretty kitty.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

That is so wonderful Carmen. I am so glad she found a forever home because I am pretty sure if she had stayed she may have worked her way into the house.

Have a great day,
Sue

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

She really is a pretty girl! Hope you will let us know her new name--Lady Luck was smiling on her!!--Jan
(maybe that should be her name!!)

Carmen S. said...

That's wonderful that you found her a new home:) She is a pretty kitty and love that bushy tail, LOL!

Simple Pleasures said...

Oh Carmen that's such a sweet story! Glad you found her a new home. I don't know how you handle 14 cats. I always wondered if they live in your home or on the amazing cat porch room you have? Have a great weekend.
xoxox

Karen said...

What a beautiful little kitty--I'm glad you found her a good home!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi, Oh Carmen, you are an angel to find the kitty a forever home. Such a wonderful story, loved it, made my day, as I wipe happy tears from my eyes. Big Hugs, Francine.

Angela said...

Carmen. So sweet of you and hubby to resc precious kitty. So proud it is in a home where it will get the love it deserves and all your fur babies will remain happy at home. Have a safe and fun weekend
Angela

cynthia lee designs said...

So happy that you found the kitty a forever home where she will be loved. I believe you got more angel wings today!!
hugs,
Cindy

My Colonial Home said...

What a sweetheart she is...I'd be just like you Carmen...so that's why I totally do not go near a kitty anymore - two is enough but if I got near enough to one it would be mine.
I'm so happy you found a loving home for her - she was blessed when you took her home.
Karen

Prims By The Water said...

So glad she found a forever home Carmen. Yippee! Hope you and Mr Primcat have a wonderful holiday weekend, Take care, Janice

Earlene said...

Aw that's a sweet story!

See you guys tomorrow!!
Have a good ride up!
oxoxox
Earlene

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh....man....All I can say is thank the Good Lord and the heavens above you don't live anywhere near me. That precious pootycat would have been mine. AND NO - I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER FURBABY!!! But those big-tailed kittehs get me each and every time. What a sweetie pie. So glad you found her a wonderful new furever home. Hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend. (I'm here playing catch-up - I'll try to refrain from commenting on each post I missed - but can't promise I'll be completely quiet....) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh she is so cute..what did they name her?