Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two anniversary's, losing weight and a game!

Hi friends, 

I do not know what is wrong with me... or why I haven't been in the blogging mood lately. I have piles and piles of drafts ready to post filled with pictures... but I just haven't finished any of them. I have been busy at work, and busy tinkering around the house so I guess getting on the computer for play time hasn't been my thing lately. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, January 24th, two huge things happened in my life. And I am not sure which matters most to me. What I do know is I thank God for both. 

Number one... I quit smoking 5 years ago today after smoking for 18 years. I had promised myself for years I would quit by the time I was 30. I quit 5 days after. Not bad.  That is probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. But I am so glad I did it. Smoking is nasty. Just nasty. It was nasty before I quit and nasty after. But I don’t have to worry about it anymore because I don’t smoke! :) Go me! Jump and and a heel click!

Number two… 4 years ago today I brought home a new cat. Tracy. 


After spending 3 weeks walking the streets of downtown Columbus alone, handing out and hanging up thousands of flyers, in the dead of one of the coldest winters we had in years, and hundreds of online postings later I found Tracy Cat, who had been dumped by a now ex friend of mine’s husband because he locked Tracy in the garage and she peed on his things. They were Tracy's old owners but anyone that would do that to an animal should be shot in my book! Terrible! Just terrible! That’s a long, long story short. 


The point is an angel watched over Tracy for 3 weeks in the big city while I searched desperately for her daily and by some miracle of God she was delivered into my loving arms never to worry about a warm bed, food or love again. 


I ♥ you Tracy. You bring so much joy into Mr. Primcat and my’s lives everyday! Thank you beautiful little fur baby for allowing us to love you!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



My PRK/Lasek is Thursday. So you for sure will not be seeing me for a few days after that. 

This is the treatment I'm getting. 


Wanna see what I'm having done? NOT for the Squeemish!   Here is a video. Gross!


Please pray that it goes well... I know they do this every day but I'm kinda freaking out now that it's here. It's all in my head... I know that... but it's scary when you think of what could go wrong. It’s my eyes. You can’t fix that if it goes wrong. So just send me up some good ones please. :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have continued to go to the gym 5 days a week. GO ME! Yesterday I did 3 miles at 3.5 mph at a 5% incline. Sweated my butt off! Woohoo! I am down 5 pounds and incredibly proud of that. I am only 35 pounds away from my goal now instead of 40. Every pound that drops off feels good. :) 

Weight watchers is going great and I am enjoying the “game” of counting points. It's very easy. I highly recommend it. The meals are yummy and also very cheap if you coupon and do it right. I am only paying about 1.00 per meal since I stock up when they are on sale. 

I am still not able to wear jeans... my guess is because I'm fat. lol. They pinch right in that belly button scar and if I go up a size then I need a belt and that pinches. No end situation. So I am just going to have to continue on my weight loss goal until I can get into jeans that can be lower than my pooch and not fall off. HA! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now a Tag Game... 

I have been tagged by Sue at http://wickedfaeriequeen.blogspot.com/ ! 

I have to tell 11 things about myself, answer some questions from her and tag 11 others to do the same so here goes.

I am not going to tag 11 others... I am just going to ask you to play along! All of you... if you want! :) So here's mine. 


1. I quit smoking 5 years ago today! Huge deal! Go me! 



  
2. Mr. Primcat and I have 14 cats. He started it. Not me. 


You can see pics of all of our cats on this page: 


http://primcats.blogspot.com/p/meet-primcats.html





2. I never wear makeup. I don't know why. One day I just stopped. Probably about 2000 and I never put it on again. 




3. I have crohns disease. Not fun. 


4. I sit behind a desk all day at an office crunching numbers. Boring. 



5. I really really want a Papillion dog. Someday when I have time for a dog... it's on!


  
6. I have tons of tattoos. Including having 7 of my cats portraits sleeving my lower left leg. My artist is Tabari Rose and she is amazing! 

Below are three of my Tattoos. 

Gizzy and Ebby.


Ebby and Tracy.


I also have Poofie, Chen,  Punky and Katrina on my lower leg. 


7.  I love driving a Harley or riding on the back! Nothing more freeing! 




8.  I love camping... especially when we take the Harley and camper to get there! 










9. I was once a Nail Tech and I can put on a mad set of acrylic nails! 




10.  Until I was 33 ... I did not eat white food. 





11. Mr. Primcat (Shane) and I have been together since I was 19. 









HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS.

1. What is your favourite film?

The Notebook. Gets me every time! 

2. What is your dream vacation?

To travel all over the word. See Paris, the pyramids and snorkle the great reef.

3. What is your favourite medium to work with?

Paint. Usually black! 

4. Are you a cat person or a dog person?

lol. Really? Cat.

5. Do you dream in colour and do you remember your dreams?

I dream in color and I remember sometimes. 

6. What famous historical figure would you like to have lunch with?

Easy. Jesus. 

7. Who is your favourite musician alive or dead?

I don't really have ONE favorite. 

8. If you could go back in time for one week what period of time would it be?

Colonial Times. 


9. If you could eat something and never gain weight what would it be?

How about drink something... Pop, Cranberry Grape juice and wine. Oh sugary goodness how I miss you! 


10. Are you a country person or a city person?

Country. 100% Country. 

11. What is a good time for you, home with a good movie and great company or out on the town with music & dancing?

Depends on my mood. I am a stay at home kinda person most of the time... but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy a night out dancing too! :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you would like to play along... Please do. Just copy and paste! :) 

Time to go. I have a lot to do today! 

Until next time... 

Carmen and the Primcats

28 comments:

bettyj said...

I think it is normal to freak out when you are having any procedure done. Good luck. WOW what an accomplishment to quit smoking after all that time! You need to do a jump and click! Glad you found your kitty. Enjoyed your post.

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

~ Interesting~ learning more about you~ enjoyed it~ love the photo of Mr Primcat & you ~ great couple!!!
smiles
Teresa

Carmen S. said...

Carmen, what a miracle it was of finding your kitty, just warms my heart:) I too used to be a smoker in my younger yrs. and it is hard to quit but YAY for you!!!!!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you have your surgery, I know it must be scary for you but think of the benefits and know my heart will be with you as you go! OH, and you are BEAUTIFUL ( I couldn't be caught dead without my *face* on, LOL, so you are one of the lucky ones;)

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Love your kitty, so glad you were able to find her! Enjoyed the info about you, it's always fun to find out more about our blogging friends! Don't worry about your surgery, the surgeon has had lots of practice!

Blessings~Karen

Lois Christensen said...

14 cats??? Wow! Good for you on the weight loss and not smoking for 5 years! Your list was fun to read! I hope all goes well with your eye surgery. I would find it a little freaky as well, but just keep thinking of how nice it'll be when it's over! Enjoy your Tuesday!

frontporchprims said...

Love learning lots about you. Good luck with your lasik that's coming up. Wondeful post today. -Steph-

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Thanks so much for playing along Carmen. I found out so much about you although I already knew you had a big heart. It is wonderful that Tracy is now safe.
Congratulations on the non smoking, I never smoked but I can imagine how hard that would be. Losing 5 pounds you have inspired me. When I asked that Cat or Dog person question I giggled to myself because I thought of you. As for your papillion dog that would be adorable but do you think it would have a fighting chance? Love that picture of your cats.

Have a lovely day and I am sure you surgery will go fine.

Sue

BumbleBeeLane said...

Some people should just not own animals,glad Tracy had someone wh cared enough to find her.Yep smoking is nasty,glad you were able to break the habit.My mom has ephysema quit but now started up again.Grrr.The eye lazer I'll send up a prayer for you but no way do I want to see the video.Eyes freak me out.LoL..Warm Blessings!~Amy

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

AWESOME post today, Carmen.
Any procedure has risks and
it's normal to be apprehensive.
All will go well, the procedure
is tried and true.
I'm so happy that you found
Tracy, to think of you walking
alone like that freezing, it's
so amazing of you.
Weight Watchers is supposed to be
the best for losing and keeping
the weight off. Take it easy at
the gym, you're still healing!
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Susan

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Carmen,
Thanks for sharing...so glad to learn more about you. Congrats on your weight loss. I've done Weight Watchers...it is a great program. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you have your eye surgery...I just know everything will be okay.
hugs,
Cindy

Theresa said...

Good for you for quitting smoking. Is your math right-you started smoking when you were 12???? WOW!!!!!!

Great job on the weight loss.

Theresa said...

Oh meant to add, I would not be caught dead without my makeup. Brave girl you are!

jennifer768 said...

So glad that you were able to find and rescue Tracy! Hooray for you stopping smoking!!!!! Congrats on the weight loss.Will be praying for you.Hugs,Jen

Beckyjean said...

Hi Carmen~

Congrats on quitting smoking. I also quit over 20 years ago & agree that it was the hardest thing I ever did!! Congrats on the weight loss!! You go girl!!

Have a wonderful evening~Becky

Fran. said...

Hey Carmen I so enjoyed learning more about you! You sound like a very fun kind of gal!! And your tats are amazing!! What an artist your tatoo lady is!! Very cool. So glad you are losing weight again. It is such a good feeling when it is working. I am trying and I have lost only three pounds, but it's a start right? LOL Take care and thanks for sharing!! XO Fran.

Peggy Lee said...

I love these kinds of posts. It helps me to get to "know" my bloggy friends.
I can't believe you have 14 cats! They are all so beautiful and look very content.
I will be thinking of you on Thursday, praying it all goes well!

Cheryl said...

Great post Carmen. The kitty story was very touching. Congrats on all your doing with health issues. My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Thursday.
Thanks for sharing all that info about you.........very cool!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

lesli said...

I know what you mean about not being in a blog mood sometimes...I've felt like that before too! Glad you kicked it and posted though...what a great post! Congrats on the weightloss, keep up the great work!! I just lost 32 pounds myself, so I know the hard work you've put in! Good luck with your procedure!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

well I learned so much about Carmen..and its nice getting to know you better..I love the cat tats!!! I have one..on my back just below my neck of a kitty face.:) us cat folk have to stick together..and I loved hearing about Tracy and I am so happy that you found her..truly after 3 weeks..most would have given up..and kudos on the 5 pounds..you go!!! have a great evening..I think I am passing a kidney stone..not feeling good today..just a sore lower back..that hurts.;)

Firecracker Kid said...

Awesome read m'lady! Lot of good qualities you have. Some tattoos too! Beautiful work.
I smoked for one semester in high school, but when given the option to choose cigarettes or Tim, I quit the cigarettes.
I like your don't give up attitude! It will take you far sweetie :o)
xoxo~Carol

Holly said...

Best of luck with your procedure. I had a friend who had it done and was WELL pleased and did fine!
Loved the story about finding your cat. Wow. That was amazing.
Enjoyed reading the interesting facts about you!

The Barn Door said...

Love your post, your kitties and your tat's. Will be thinking of you but I'm sure all will go well!!
Karen & the Hounds.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Carmen, What an inspiration you are to others! You have made so many positive changes in your life and I applaud you for that. You are a kind and caring person, and I am amazed at your determine to find that poor kitty!
I wish you continued success in your weight loss. You GO GIRL!
Hugs and Blessings -

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Carmen...first off...LOVED THIS POST.

Now...for the eye surgery...I had it...it's quick and actually painless - I can see distance now with no glasses....didn't need them for closeup either for years after the surgery but then AGE became a factor and my close up sewing. But distance is just wonderful! You will do great!!!

What a touching story about Tracy - I had tears - I find it horrifying that people can treat a helpless animal like that. Our Lola came from a horrible family too.

Congratulations on your NOT SMOKING anniversary...good for you. I too feel it is one NASTY habit.

And the weight loss...WAY TO GO KIDDO...and WW is the best...we use it off and on depending on our 'mood' or should I say 'bodies'...LOL

Karen

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Hi Carmen, congrats on your anniversary of quitting smoking!! Good job!! Good luck on your diet, I am working on losing too!!
Good luck on your surgery as well!!
Blessings,
Lorna

acorn hollow said...

I think the best thing you did was quit smoking! So good to get to know you.
Cathy

Merry Wind Farm said...

Loved your post ... all the things you like to do. What a busy life! I'm sure your eye surgery will be great, and you will be so happy you did it...Melinda

~Sara said...

Wow! What a great post FULL of info, thanks for sharing.Congrats on quitting smoking that is awesome. And on the weight loss as well. Good job, that is a constant battle. I will be praying for you eye procedure. Blessings ~Sara