Thursday, December 29, 2011

Still in the hospital but better...

Hello friends. Thank you all so so so very much for all the kind thoughts and prayers. They mean the world. and they put a smile on my face. And over all I would say they worked.

Let's recap the last 24...

You all gave me a chuckle about me posting from the hospital. And FYI... That good chuckle hurt. LOL.  It's official now... I am "THAT CRAZY BLOGGER". LOL. Of course I share all the good fun stuff in my life with you... I wanted to share this insanity too.

I can blog from my phone just like writing someone a text so its not that big of a deal. I'm doing it now. :) And its saving my sanity a bit cuz I'm bored. And all it takes is my thumbs so its all good.

Let's do a replay. Wednesday night at 7:00pm I went into an appendix attack. There is no way to describe that. Just the worst pain I have ever felt.

Shane brought me to the nearest hospital of any quality and they drugged me to the max for the next 12 hours (yep... I was on crazy hospital drugs when I posted to you all, hence my pouty face picture.)  deciding what to test for and if it was my Crohns or appendix. Tests showed inflammation of my appendix, illium and small intestines.

I finally made Shane go home when the tests came in because he had not slept in over 29 hours either and they had no idea what when or how they were going to go about this. My Crohns was complicating and adding to the drama. 

They finally decided to just go in with the intention of appendix but I had to sign paper giving the Dr. permission to remove bowel or give me a clostomy bag if it was necessary. Yikes. Super scary moment. I signed. Alone. At 6am on no sleep for more than a day and night on mass drugs and still in mass pain and told the Dr. he had me scared bleepless. I did not bleep.  O.O

An hour and a sleepless half later, scared bleepless, I was staring into the surgical lights and ceiling just like it was out of one of those alien abduction movies. Big light, shaded faces...fade to black.

I awoke two hours later to thankfully no colostomy bag, an intact bowel and only a missing appendix and a dull bearable healing pain. yay!

Three small punctures taped together from the long tiny instruments they did the surgery with. Belly button, pubic area and one to the left mid abdomen that formed the triangle. Pretty neat.

FF to now from Wednesday at 8 am when I awoke... I still have not slept and I have no idea how I am still going. It's been 36 hours now. No sleep. only the hours they knocked me out and that wasn't really sleep. 36 sleepless hours.

I am still in the hospital. I had hoped to go home today but it was a no go. Never even saw my Doctor at all. No biggie. I think Mr. Primcat was just dreaming big when he told me the Dr. said maybe tonight. Like I said... no one even checked on me today.

I am doing as well as can be expected. Not getting around well at all but I will in time. Hard to get up. Hard to sit down. I have been lapping the hospital halls at a snails pace on Mr. Primcats arm. We made 6 laps over today and  this evening. Just a meer 10 hours after surgery. and until just this evening, in an effort to sleep, I had been refusing all pain meds. I gave in at 6pm hoping it would knock me out. No go. So I am pretty sure this is going to be another sleepless night. I hope to get to go home in the morning and I will sleep then.

Tomorrow evening my girls are still following through with the plans we made for them to come over and I am hoping to have an evening playing with my new Christmas puzzle and enjoying my girls company. That's the plan. I really hope a doctor shows up in the morning so I can enjoy my favorite thing to do tomorrow since its the closest I'm gonna get to a party this new year.  Spend time with those who make me smile... Even when it sucks to be me. :)

Oh and a side note... I was on staycation this week... And everytime I take vacation... I get sick. Like REALLY sick. So I have decided no more planned staycations... I will from here on forward be playing hookey - no call no show... For all future staycations. I am not allowing my body to plan anymore sneak vacation ruining attacks on me!

Tonight I ask you to pray for me sleep, healing and to go home tomorrow to spend time with those who mean the most to me. I need some happiness. :) The last 2 days have been very unhappy. Well... except for the fact that you all made me smile with your well wishes. thank you friends. I really look forward to hearing my phone ding  and knowing that its another friend checking on me. Thanks for giving me something bright to look forward to on these sleepless nights!

Until next time...

and hopefully from home with the babies...

Carmen and the Primcats


41 comments:

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Dear Carmen,
Your order for prayers has been received and being done as we speak.
I think you'll sleep like a baby when you get home. And I hope you enjoy your evening with your girls.
Take care of yourself and take it easy, one day at a time, dear friend.
Hugs,
Susan

Farmhouse prims said...

Carmen, so sorry that you are in the hospital. But it sounds like you will soon start feeling lots better. I will pray that you get a good nights rest and get home real soon. Bunches of hugs, Lecia

Anonymous said...

Hi Carmen: I'm so sorry to hear all this. I missed your post so this is surprising to hear. Glad that you are okay and only have 3 puncture wounds and an intact colon. What a scary time for you and the Mr.
Take care and ask for a sleeping pill tonight my dear...that's what its there for. Hugs and prayers for you!!
patti

Cathy G. said...

Hi Carmen,
Well it looks like you have been having some excitement in your life! Not the kind you would like though!! I'm glad you are doing better now! I will surely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You will be home and celebrating New Years with your family before you know it!!
Count sheep and sleep!!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Angela said...

Carmen, I must say you look much happier this evening. So hoping you can rest and will get out of that dreaded place tomorrow. Take it easy and let the healing begin. Prayers will go up for you when I hit send.
Angela

Linda said...

Oh, Carmen.............you are one tough cookie!
All that you have gone through and your posts are as entertaning as ever!
I will keep you in my prayers for a release from the hospital and a good recovery!
Linda

Shirlee said...

Prayers for healing being sent. So glad you are feeling better & can go home soon! Blessings, Shirlee

Lois Christensen said...

I'm so sorry! Somehow I missed yesterday's post! I hope you're able to get some sleep and will be able to go home in the morning. I had mine removed when I was 6 and they did the old fashioned way. Hope you heal soon and can work on that puzzle!!!

Jessica said...

So glad to hear you are on Recovery Road and no complications! Yeah! Good news!
Praying for sleep and that you can go home tomorrow.
Jessica

The Rusty Thimble said...

Well at least you look a little most alert in this picture LOL
Hope you get some rest Carmen and get to go home tomorrow. Glad the surgery went ok.
Hugs
Brenda

annie said...

Wow Honey! I thought the first installment was bad, and no sleep, bless your heart. I am praying you get the rest you need, the healing you need, and that you get the best follow ups in the world. You are a real sweetheart, and I'm sorry you have had such a difficult time. I hope the cats and hubby get the rest they need to. I am praying for you, and I meant to tell you. I loved your dining room at Christmas!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

So very glad to hear you are doing better and hopefully going home quickly! Take it easy over the holiday- sending prayers.

Lynn said...

Hi Carmen,
Special prayers said for you to sleep tonight, your body to heal, your doctor to come in the morning and release you to go home so you can enjoy the evening with your friends!
Please get well soon!
Hugs,

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Get well soon, I said a prayer for you when I saw your first post. I hope you get out soon. Try and rest though.

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Carmen,
Saying prayers that you get some sleep and that you get to go home tomorrow. So hoping that you get to enjoy the evening with your friends.
Take care and I hop that you heal very quickly.
hugs,
Cindy

Brenda said...

Oh Carmen... That is one terrible pre surgery talk to have with a doctor. I am so glad that you did not have anything more wrong other than the appendix! You are in my prayers to be sprung from the hospital, have a Happy New Year with those that you love, and to have a joyous HEALTHY 2012!!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Hugs and prayers still coming your way - hope you are able to head home to heal soon!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend and will be home soon! My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you get some much needed sleep soon!

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

If there was an award for the most determined blogger you would win hands down Carmen. It sounds like the Mr. really misses you. Get some rest and get better.

Nighty night,
Sue

The Barn Door said...

Carmen...thinking of you! Don't rush things, take it easy, you'll be home before you know it! Thank goodness it was just the appendix!
Karen & the Hounds

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh Carmen I am so glad to hear all went well and without complication. Now just some sleep and lots of it for you. Praying you are asleep as I send this to you. Get well my friend. I am sure all your kitties are wondering where momma is and will be so happy to see you.

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh no, a bit of a scare there. So good to hear it wasn't anything other than the appendix. Well, you sure look pretty with your hair down :o) Take it easy now and don't bust a gut next :-)
Hugs~Carol

Lynn Barbadora said...

Get well soon Carmen! Glad it was nothing more serious!
Hugs,
Lynn

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

well you look like you feel better..I hope you get a good nights rest..the anethesia plays games with you sometimes..like going to the potty..#2 to be exact..lol..I know TMI..I hope you get to go home so you can have your party with the girls..you will be in my prayers:)and I hope the ding on your phone doesn't wake you:)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything turned out ok for you. I hope you get to go home and enjoy your company, but by then you will probably be ready for sleep. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.
Tamera
Country at heart

Jean Barker said...

Carmen, Glad surgury went well. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery and sleep. I know once you get home you'll be able to relax better and that always helps with sleep.
Take care of yourself and don't overdo ~ take a day at a time.
Blessings,
Jean

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Oh, Sweetie~
so sorry to hear about this~ ugh~
I will be saying prayers for your healing~
Hugs to you~
Teresa

My Colonial Home said...

Wow Carmen how can you be awake that long...normally these procedures make one sleep.
You have been through the mill mentally haven't you...I mean with the pre-surgery information...yowser.
PLEASE GET BETTER AND GET HOME SOON!!
Blessing
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Karen

Laurie said...

Hi Carmen,
I'm a new follower of your blog -- just before Christmas, so we have not yet 'met', however I do send up prayers for you today! Had the same surgery four years ago -- and yes, that pain is awful, isn't it. Hugs - get better soon, Laurie

Allison said...

Carmen--I hope you are feeling better and going home soon. What an awful way to spend your staycation. Healing prayers and thoughts headed your way. Get well and have a Happy New Year!! or I'll box you up some cats!!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Girl I would have been scared Bleepless too..smile..Glad we had you covered in prayer.Hope you get to go home and be with your girlfriends.It's amazing what time spent with people you care about can do to make you feel better.Big Hugs!~Amy

prims by olde lady morgan said...

YIKES! that is not a fun story!!! At least it's out & you are on the mend...Ask the nurse for something to help you sleep. Best wishes. OLM

Sheila said...

Praying for you Carmen! Sure hope you get to go home today. That will most likely make a difference in your sleeping and healing-nothing better than your own bed!
Good to see you were smiling!
Blessings,
and Happy New Year!

Mary said...

Hi Carmen, so sorry to hear what you had to go through. Prayers are being sent your way, that you will be home soon and sleeping soundly in your own bed. Wishing you a speedy recorvery and a very Happy and Healthy New Year! Big Hugs, Mary

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Hang in there, Carmen! You are very lucky to have only tiny cuts and they will heal fast. Wishing you a speedy recovery and I bet, when you go to sleep at home, you probably sleep until after the NEW YEAR rolls in! Not a good way to end the year, but look at it, this way....You don't have to start out next year with it, for that is not a good way to start the year! It is over and now on to good things!

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

Dan said...

Carmen!

I have been thinking of you and praying for you! I hope that you are feeling much better by now and that you have a wonderful new year!

~Dan~

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

I am hoping that the "ding" on your phone from this comment is one you won't hear because you will sleeping!!! Bless your heart! You have had a rough few days and my prayers are still being sent up for you. I hope you are feeling much better and possibly are even home by now.
Gentle hugs,
Donna

bettyj said...

Carmen I am so sorry you're going through this terrible ordeal. This time next year it will just be an unpleasant memory.Hurry and get well, my friend. You have blogging to do.

Brenda said...

So sorry you are going through all this Carmen!! Happy thoughts and prayers are going out to you. Get some sleep girl!!

Brenda

TheCrankyCrow said...

What the HECK Girlfriend??! I take a leave of absence for a few days and come back to morphing elfin pics and you in the hospital??! YIKES! Where do I even begin?? So, so, sorry you landed "there..." and hope by the time that you read these words you've been sprung - and are either enjoying that time you had planned with your friends, or sleeping the sleep of new born kitteh.....Gotta say though - you take some pretty hospital photos.... ;o) But I'm gonna have nightmares from those Christmas Eve eve photos.... ;o) Wishing you quick and speedy healing - my thoughts are with you, and prayers going up.....Hugs ~ Robin

Unknown said...

Oh Carmen you are such a sweetie. I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I pray they find a "fix" for all that ails you. Best of luck!!!