Tuesday, December 20, 2011

~Christmas in the Kitchen ~

Hi Friends…

Ok... here is what I need to say to you all, my friends... Thank you so much for the comments. I am blushing. I won't lie... I work really hard on Primcats house and it takes me weeks to decorate to make it wonderful and enchanting for each and every season and you have really made me feel like I accomplished that this year. Thank you. I just don't know what to say. If all I got for Christmas this year was your kind words... I would be happy. I am filled with joy that I have caused inspiration in blogland. You have no idea how much that means. I derive so much from you all, I breath in 100% creativity from you all... to give back and be told it's good really makes me happy. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and comment. My heart swells with Christmas joy that I feel I have given back what you have all given me for so many years now. :) Thank you. Thank you friends. ♥ And Merry Christmas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how about a Christmas Kitchen tour today? Yes... well come on in and grab a cup of coffee and a cookie...

Lets head into the kitchen…

The stove board… with cookies for Santa!

IMAG2804

Some of my snowballs on a scale… I ♥ scales!

IMAG2805

My wonderful Gingerbread from Cindy with fresh pine.

IMAG2812

Oh no… what’s this I see?

IMAG2807

Is that a mouse in Santa’s Cookies?

IMAG2809

Squeak Squeak… it was the only safe place to hide from the Primcats!

IMAG2810

Another ginger…

IMAG2811

Christmas scales…

IMAG2813

Goodwill snowman. ♥ her and baby.
IMAG2814

Trivet from Carol at Firecracker Kid Primitives

Mason salt and peppers.

IMAG2815

On the bread box… pine and a snow head. All items from the goodwill. Breadbox, sheep box, crock, and snowman head.

IMAG2816

In the coffee area.

IMAG2817

A little Christmas cat with a sleeping Christmas mouse.
Don’t worry…. it’s Christmas. The mouse is safe. ;)

IMAG2818

Some pine.

IMAG2820

A wall gathering. Shelf, sconces, coffee grinder,pewter plate, butter stamps, putz sheep and Snowman all from GW.

IMAG2821

Believe in Santa!!!!!

IMAG2823

Down the wall…

IMAG2825

My pie safe… my favorite piece.


IMAG2826

My Santa gourds from Goodwill.

Hallmark tree with snowmen heads and candy canes.

IMAG2829


Lots of pine!

IMAG2830

IMAG2832

Stockings from North Shore Primitives.

IMAG2833

Santa Crow! He makes me smile!

IMAG2835

The kitchen Christmas tree.

IMAG2837

Lots of stockings on this tree setting atop a huge firkin that Rachel so kindly refinished for me.

IMAG2841

And special treasures from friends.

Mitten by Karen at My Colonial Home

IMAG2842

Rag Garland by Tonya. Heart Ornament from Pattie.

IMAG2843

Tag from Dani.

IMAG2844

Tiny basket from Patti.

IMAG2845

Gifts under the tree. Doll by Eve at Lee Hill Primitives.

IMAG2846

Snowman and sleds!

IMAG2847

Crows and cats!

IMAG2848

“Meowy Christmas! All I want for Christmas is my other eye.” O.-

IMAG2850

Star snowman watching over the kitchen.

IMAG2852

A sleigh of Gingies and pine on the table.

IMAG2858




IMAG2859

IMAG2861

IMAG2862

Gizzy being stunningly beautiful!

IMAG2864


Gizzy and Smokey.

IMAG2865

“Fa lalalala… la la laaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! “

IMAG2866

“Seriously? That was so off key. Quiet! I’m enjoying the lights of the tree!”


IMAG2867

Wait… a bird… a bird!

Yay! Birds!

IMAG2868

To the opposite wall in the kitchen.

IMAG2870

So many treasures here.

IMAG2871

IMAG2872

IMAG2873

IMAG2874

IMAG2875

A small Feather tree.

IMAG2876

Santa. Ho. Ho. Ho.

IMAG2877

A snowman by Angie at Just a lil Raggedy.

IMAG2878

A salt dough by Rachel at Somewhere in the Middle.

IMAG2879

Cute mouse.

Tucks by Teri at White Sheep Farms. I ♥ them!

IMAG2880


Honey and Me snowman with blossom bucket light. Some pine and mice from North Shore Primitives.

IMAG2881

Snowman, treenware plate and jars from goodwill. Candy canes.

IMAG2882

And of course we have to end with a Primcat in a crock of woodenwares.

Jack and Frosty!

IMAG2884

More to come!






Merry Christmas!

More to come!

Until next time…

Carmen and the Primcats

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your kitchen is just as wonderful as the living room. I love all the trees decorated about. I haven't done much decorating in my kitchen, just a little in the dining room. I ran out of time after shopping, working, wrapping gifts, etc. I can't wait to see more. Everything looks so prim, I love it.
Thanks for another nice tour.
Tamera
Country at heart

BumbleBeeLane said...

Yes sweetie~ I'd say you created magic! Looks wonderful and even with so much it doesn't look cluttered.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Shirlee said...

Oh Carmen ... how very much I enjoyed seeing all these photos! Your home looks lovely & you have so many pretty things. It's impossible to comment on it all! You are truly an inspiration! Has your home ever been featured in a magazine? It really should be ... you work magic in it! Thank you for a truly enjoyable visit! I will have to come back for another look because I want to make sure I haven't missed anything : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Simple Pleasures said...

Merry merry Carmen!
Your home looks beautiful.Your attention to detail always shows! You and your mom have such a knack for displays.
xoxo

Christine said...

Absolutely breathtaking! So much to see and LOVE! Your hard work does you credit, I'm in awe!
Blessings
Christine

Carmen S. said...

Carmen, you have such a wonderful talent for decorating, your home truly is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love that cute mouse in Santa's cookies, LOL, I'm sure santa won't mind a bit either; Merry Christmas to you and yours and those adorable primcats as well!!!

Katherine said...

Gorgeous as always Carmen! You display your treasures beautifully,and your home looks so cozy and inviting.

Merry Christmas!
~Katherine

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

Beautiful! I love your pie safe and all of your snowmen. Boy , my goodwill isn't like your, nice gourd santas. Your cats are so talented, how did you teach them to sing carols? I adore you feather tree, I have never found one. Absolutely fabulous decorating job.

Have a great day,
Sue

My Colonial Home said...

Holy Moly, what gorgeous decorations...Carmen you must work night and day getting these all out and put in the 'just right place'....and it works.
You should be proud...your home is really beautiful and you know how to make it warm and inviting...I'd looove to sit an sip a cup with you!
Blessings and thanks so much for 'inspiring' us!
Karen

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

What a view you have out your kitchen window!
I love a tree in the kitchen! Wow, you really went all out, that pie safe is beautiful, and the mouse seems to love those cookies!
Merry Christmas
Pamela

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Carmen
Beautiful decorating~
You should be blushing you did a fantastic job~ so much work~ and it turned out awesome!!!
hugs to you~
Teresa

Green Creek Primitives said...

Just amazing Carmen, you can tell you have put alot into your decorating. Love your collection of gingerbread men, I think my favorite is the little mouse in the cookies, really cute. Definetly like the large snowman next to your tree, just perfect. Hugs Vicky

TheCrankyCrow said...

ahhhh....you did Christmas so very proud my friend....I do not know what impresses me more - the wonderful collections and treasures you have, how you've so creatively displayed them, or the fact that most of them came from GW!! Wowsers! ;o) Truly drooling over your wonderful scales. I now have scale envy. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Shirlee said...

Even better the second time around : ) I recognize one of those gingies in that there sleigh ... lol! Also think the Scrabble tiles are so cute! Everything is marvelous : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Cheryl said...

Fantastic! Like I said in my email, your home should be featured in a magazine.
Thanks for the tour.
Hugs,
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Carmen.
Another Gorgeous Post!!!
I have so enjoyed your Christmas photos. Everyone jam packed with inspiration.
I love it all!!
Hugs and Merry Christmas,
Tam

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you can come and decorate for me anytime..I love your kitchen..and loved the off singing kitties..that made me giggle..love all the love of your kitchen/christmas decor..need to make more mice things for next year..;)

Prims and Annies said...

I really enjoyed the tour of your home...it was wonderful...felt like I was there.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Smiles and Huggs
Maxie

cynthia lee designs said...

Carmen,
I so agree with Cheryl that your home should be in a magazine. You have the most wonderful gift for prim decorating. I love all your gatherings!! And the singing kitties were just too cute!!
hugs,
Cindy

frontporchprims said...

How fun to have treasures tucked away in every corner of your home. I love everything. Blogging does bring a ton of inspiration and ideas. There are so many talented ladies out there who help us all strive to make things more beautiful for our families. Thanks again for yours. Merry Christmas. -Steph-

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So prim beautiful!!!
Love all the special touches you did in preparing for a special holiday!!!
Can I move in??? Just for a little while???
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Oh my Carmen!! Absolutely beautiful!! So much prim eye candy!! So many wonderful treasures!! Thanks for sharing, it is truly wonderful and enchanting!!
Merry Christmas!!
Hugs,
Lorna

purensimple-Theresa said...

Carmen You have the Christmas touch. Love your kitchen decor so much. Where do you store all those goodies? I especially love all the mice. They are so cute and I'm sure Santa won't mind sharing the cookies....LOL
Hugs ♥T

Earlene said...

Great kitchen shots and Gizzy and Smokey shots were too darn funny!!!! I love those cats!
Very entertaining!
Hugs

Last day today at work YIPPEE!!
Earlene

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Carmen, I am new to following your blog and just love it! The mouse eating the cookies under the pantry protector thingy is so cute! If it were here in our old farmhouse, the mouse might be real!!! I just have to tell you, I have 5 indoor cats, all rescues or just dumped at our farm. And they are all total failures as mousers! The cocker spaniel beats them out! Anyway, I read about your tattletale, and immediately ordered one. It worked for a day or two, then they were smart enough to figure out that if they went to the other side of the tree, they could avoid it, can you believe that? So every day I have to move the tattle tale to a different part of the tree. My cats are a ragdoll mix, a tortie, a dark gray (do you call it blue?) an orange, and a tabby. Two are long haired. It seems like all I ever do is clean cat hair, I can't imagine how you manage and have such a beautiful, clean, home!!!???

Melinda

Carol Stuck said...

I love everything. Will you come decorate my house for the holiday!!! You are soooo talented!!! OK I am a snowman lover. Inquiring minds want to know...did you make the huge snowman? Thanks for taking us on such a wonderful virtual tour. It was awesome!!!!!

Merry Christmas
Carol

Anonymous said...

Everything is so spectacular Carmen! Love how you group your prims together :) You have a beautiful home!
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Patti

Firecracker Kid said...

Hey Carmen, Love the Gizzy and Smokey decorations... lol. Just stick some red on them and they'll really sing Christmas :o)
I'm really impressed with your beautiful home. Very nicely done young lady. You'll certainly have a Merry Merry Christmas!
Hugs~Carol

~Sara said...

Simply amazing! Your home looks wonderful! You sure have an eye for decorating.Wishing yo a wonderful Christmas with family! ~Sara

Lynn said...

Your kitchen is wonderful! Your are an amazing decorator! Thank you for sharing with me! I have so much inspiration from the pictures of your home!
Hugs,
Lynn

Allison said...

I love your kitchen pictures. The jack frost cat and snowman are so cute, I also love the flat gingerbread man. I love more than that but I'd be here all day naming everything. Everything looks wonderful!!! Merry Christmas!